But as I'm taking on this new short story writing project, I've realized that I could use some studying up on short story writing because I have no idea how to condense a story into a mere 1500 words.
Below are some links to articles and blog posts that I've read over as I've worked on the plotting, pacing, and actual creation of my short story.
- How to Write a Short Story (That’s Actually Short!)
- 6 Reasons You Should Be Writing Short Stories....And 5 Tips to Help You Get Started
- 7 Point Short Story Writing Structure
- 5 Tips for Writing a Strong Short Story
- Kurt Vonnegut’s 8 Tips on How to Write a Good Short Story
- Short Story Tips: 10 Ways to Improve Your Creative Writing
I'm also using a book that I got from the Biblion bookstore in Lewes, Delaware that was written by a local author. It's called How To Write Winning Short Stories by Nancy Sakaduski.
So there you have it! Writing a shorts story is much different than writing a novel, but I think I'm up to the challenge. Are you?