It was approximately 11:30 P.M. I had just gotten home from work and was pretty tired from a long shift when I realized something. I had forgotten to finish my daily word count for the day! My goal was to reach 1k for the day and I only had about 200 words. Oops!
What's a girl to do besides sit down at her computer and start to write? I'm not sure to be honest. But that's exactly what I did. I got myself a snack of hummus and chips and sat down and started typing. By a 12:30 A.M. I had my daily writing done (which I just realized is actually the next day! lol).
The Pros of Writing Late at Night:
- The house is quiet so there aren't any interruptions.
- You're motivated to get things done because you're really tired and just want to go to sleep.
- When you finally get to go to bed you feel successful because you checked another thing off your daily to-do list.
The Cons of Writing Late at Night:
- You're tired so you're not at your most creative.
- You're tired and so you make a lot of spelling errors and grammatical errors.
- Sometimes when you read your manuscript the next day you have no idea what you were trying to say.
The Moral of the Story
I should not wait until late at night to finish my daily word count. How about you... do you like to write during the day or late at night?